How to keep SEO Simple – 3 Strategies to Keep You Cool in Tough Situations
Gone are those days when sneaky techniques are meant to deceive search engines. Nowadays Google is continuously updating its algorithms to ensure that website owners only implement good SEO practices on a daily basis. That’s why it’s crucial for any website owner to stay up-to-date on the latest in SEO techniques if they want their website to continue to rank higher on the search engines.
However, you can make some important SEO changes right away if you want to stay ahead of your competitors, but we recommend having a solid understanding of how search engines work before you make any changes. Here are three simple strategies that anyone can easily do to improve ranking on Google search.
1. Improve your website’s loading time
Site speed is one of the most neglected SEO tricks. Website speed is not only crucial to the search engines but also the search engine users. According to several studies, 50% of web users expect a website to load in 3 seconds if it takes too long many user may abandon the site.
If it’s taking too long for your website to load, then one of the components that could be affecting your site speed is the website images. When you compress your site images, it will results in faster loading pages for your visitors. Apart from reducing your website image, below are other SEO tricks that you can use to speed up your website load times, as well as improve overall search engine rankings:
- Utilize CDNs: Beyond the server that hosts your site, you can also use other networks of servers to enhance your website load times for your visitors. With a CDN, you cache your website on a global network of servers. When a visitor browser requests data from your site, that request is routed from the closest server.
- Enable browser caching: When you enable browser caching, this store elements of your site pages in a cache, or temporary storage space and makes it possible for repeated guests to experience faster load times.
- Reduce plugins. Another good way to improve site load times is deactivating or deleting any unnecessary plugins on your site and getting rid of those plugins that are slowing your site speed.
These are just a few ways to improve your website loading time. However, you can try like Google PageSpeed Insights if you’re still having issues with your site loading time. This tool will help you identify the elements that are slowing down your website and suggest ways to fix them.
2. Optimize your pages for specific keywords
Optimizing your webpage with the right keywords is another way to keep thing simple and get better rankings on the search engine. Keywords are words the search engines use to hone your website for relevant search terms. Therefore, you need to identify and use keywords that are moderately competitive for your site.
However, keywords stuffing are not right for the search engine. It can result in negative user experience and make your webpage look spammy and unattractive for the search engine to crawl. It is good to optimize a website with one or two keywords phrase rather than numerous ones at a time. Use semantically related phrases or words to avoid repetition. After you have found the right keywords, you should use them in the following area to get the best SEO results.
- Use keyword in the title of the page
- Use the keyword in the URL
- Use keywords throughout the page copy
- Use keywords in any image file paths as well as in the images’ alt text
- Use keyword in the Meta tags, especially the Meta description
- Use the keyword as the anchor text in links back to your page
3. Get high-quality, and relevant links
Link building is another essential SEO factor that has a significant impact on your website’s rankings. Link building is all about creating good relationships, not exchanging links. The more and better quality links you have to your site, the higher your chances of getting better rank and the more search traffic you’ll get.
Quality is always vital when it comes to link building and search engine optimization in general. Picking relevant and trusted websites that you’d like to get backlinks from will be a good start because only quality and trusted sites attract a high amount of traffic, which can have a good impact on your website’s rankings.
Quality link back to other websites will not only promote your content but will also let others know you exist. Search engines will start trusting your site when they see it as a good source of information; they will be willing to rank it higher in their SERPs. However, keep in mind that plenty of spammy links can harm your rankings, will not make them higher.
SEO is very complex and deserves some time and additional research on your part if you are running a website, and you are not getting enough traffic from search engines. Hopefully, this post will be a good start for making your online presence more visible.
However, you can treat the above strategies as a checklist that helps to keep your tactics relevant and effective if you already began your SEO adventure, contact us if you need any assistance.