SEO Basics- The 5 Simple Fixes for your SEO
SEO Basics- How to Quickly Optimize Your Website for Search Engines
What is SEO to begin with? SEO, search engine optimization, according to Wikipedia, is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine’s unpaid results—often referred to as “natural”, “organic”, or “earned” results.
SEO, has many aspects to it from the words used on your website to the links off your website. Search engine optimization is the language search engines use to read your website. It is also about creating a user-friendly experience for your web visitors.
The right SEO can gain you thousands of visits, turning into potential customers and sales. However, the wrong SEO can bury you past page 4, and leave you unfindable.
The top 5 basics to your search engine optimization:
- Page titles are probably one of the most overlooked issues that can make your website rank very quickly.
- Links- You should be add them within your content. Add links to other pages to help you pass what the industry calls “link juice” to other pages.
- Keywords are the main part of your SEO and need be done strategically. You want easy and relevant keywords to your business and industry. Your keywords shouldn’t be too popular either because they will become too hard to rank for.
- Site maps is very important because this basically tells Google the structure of your website. It says your site starts here and these are the sub-pages. Google will check this often to see what’s new on your website.
- URL structures– It is very important that your URLs include your keyword as that is part of what google looks for.
Search engine optimization is very complex. It is your job to help search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo crawl, search, your website. For example, a search engine cannot read an image, so it will read whatever label you have given that image.
It is true that you can do it on your own by searching information online, but the rules are constantly changing. Therefore, a professional agency like Web Design Plus SEO stays educated in these changes. For an evaluation of your website, please feel free to contact us.