SEO Basics – The 5 Simple Fixes for your SEO
SEO Basics – How to Quickly Optimize Your Website for Search Engines
What are the SEO basics to begin with? SEO, search engine optimization, according to Wikipedia, is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page for search queries in a web search engine’s unpaid organic search results based on the types of content on the page—often referred to as “natural”, “organic”, or “earned” results.
SEO stands for Search engine optimization. With good knowledge of SEO basics, this process can help to send signals to top search engines that the landing pages on your website are worth showing in the SERP. SEO uses both technical and creative methods to improve your brand reputation on search engines. Basic SEO includes many methods for optimizing your site such as link building, content SEO, website development and design, on-page optimization, guest posts, guest blogging and more.
SEO has many aspects to it from the words used on your website to the inbound links of your website. Search engine optimization is the language search engines use to read your website. It is also about creating a great user experience for your web visitors.
Benefits of SEO strategy
- The results from SEO are more affordable from the ones by Adwords or PPC strategy
- Increase in your site traffic from search engines.
- Better brand credibility, thanks to Google.
- Stay updated about what your competitors are doing with competitive research.
- Long-lasting results
- SEO helps you stay ahead of your competitor
[easy-tweet tweet=”The right #SEO can gain you thousands of visits, turning into potential customers and sales” user=”webdesignplusseo” hashtags=”webdesign”]
The right knowledge of SEO basics can gain you thousands of visits, turning into potential customers and sales. However, the wrong SEO can bury your past page, and leave you unfindable. Read ahead for some great seo tips and learn important SEO basics.
The top 5 SEO basics:
- Page titles are probably one of the most overlooked issues that can make your site rank very quickly.
- Links- You should add them within your pieces of content. Build links to other pages on your site to help you pass what the industry calls “link juice” to other pages.
- Keyword research is the main part of your technical SEO and needs to be done strategically with the help of keyword tools. You want easy and relevant keywords to your business and industry that you can get from keyword research tools. Your keyword strategy shouldn’t be too popular either because they will become too hard to rank for.
- Site maps are very important because this basically tells Google the structure of your website. It says your site starts here and these are the sub-pages. Google will check this often to see what’s new on your website.
- URL structures– It is very important that your URLs include your keyword ideas as that is part of what Google looks for.
You can also use Google webmaster tools and Google analytics to know what are the points of improvement for your website. These seo tools give the best suggestions in terms of keyword difficulty and landing pages. Google Search Console also gives you insights on the mobile usability and AMP issues on your site. These 2 tools are considered to be among the best seo best practices to optimize your website for search engines.
Search engine optimization is very complex. It is your job to help search engines like Google and other search engines like Bing, and Yahoo crawl, search your website. For example, a search engine cannot read an image, so it will read whatever label you have given that image.
Knowledge of SEO basics and SEO services are especially important for local businesses and local search rankings. It is nothing new that competition keeps on increasing every day to get to the top spot on Google. Some bigger businesses and companies believe that it is practically impossible for a smaller competition to reach their mark. A local business finds it highly difficult to reach to the level of a bigger company in its niche. Thus being an experienced local SEO company, we can sell our seo services to a local business.
It is true that you can do it on your own by searching for information online, but the rules are constantly changing. Therefore, an SEO expert agency like Web Design Plus SEO stays educated in these changes. For an evaluation of your website, please feel free to contact us.