Now we are diving into our first and foremost chapter which contains the basics of SEO. So, keep patience and start learning with us. We welcome you to The Guide For Beginners In SEO.
We understand that you are a fresher in SEO and also there are so many questions moving in your mind about SEO. Now, let’s get started with basics of SEO
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a process which improves the search results position in search engines. Optimizing the search result will increase the number of users watching it. The higher the positions of the particular site the more popular it becomes and also the traffic for it increases.
SEO emerged in 90’s when search engines came into the scene. Earlier it was not popular but nowadays it has become an essential marketing strategy for various growing industries.
Now before we begin you should keep in mind that SEO requires a lot of creativity, technical and analytical skills. There are many techniques for SEO and all have different goals. But the main point which is to remember is to keep the search engine results higher in any organic search. Don’t get confused by word organic search it is simply those searches which are non-paid.
SEO is about how to run the right website for the right person. It doesn’t involve any technical perfections or background of the website. Rather, your website must have quality and well-optimized content which meets the needs of your visitors. So the content should be good enough so that it can be linked by other sites.
SEO is complex and you should give your full attention. The best part of this is as it evolves all time so that website you need to focus keep up with the changes.
Why learn SEO and why it is important?
There are many search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo! And many other indexed websites which creates an order based on various ranking algorithms. How to identify these algorithms? And can you even identify it? As Google uses approximately 200 ranking factors from which few even are known by you such as content, backlinks or any technical things such as site speed, but few have not revealed.
Now when we use search engines yes it’s a very easy question but you must know that search engines play an important in SEO. Yes, use search engines when we need any information regarding something. When you start your search you type a keyword and that keyword matters a lot in SEO. It doesn’t matter that you belong to any industry like you want to sell any product, service or writing any blog or anything which you want to keep it above from other websites need search engine optimization.
Your website needs to be indexed by the search engine in order to get more views and more traffic. A wiser SEO improves your ranking in the search engine results page (SERP). The higher will be the ranking the more traffic your website will get. The main point to be noted is that we need to do SEO in order to get succeed.
Now you know why you need SEO and why it is important, moving forward on how to learn SEO.
How to learn SEO?
Learning SEO is not a big task but when you are a beginner you must understand each and every important point in SEO. Basic changes can make a huge difference for your website on how a search engine sees it. In this The Guide For Beginners In SEO, we are covering all the important and critical topics with all the basics of SEO. Even you yourself will gain enough knowledge to do SEO.
After you cover all the important topics you will have to do a lot of practice and study in order to get perfection in SEO. Even you can find a lot of useful information for SEO (even How to learn SEO ) over the internet but while choosing any site you should be smart. Also, you can attend various seminars, online classes or courses. And if you don’t have much time to attend or take classes you can go for SEO consultants, specialists or agencies for help. But this can be expensive.
Basic Terms in SEO
1. On-Page: On-Page SEO is basically when you optimize your website in order to affect search engines result. It about everything you can do on the website from content to its technical aspect and also to its design. Some important terms are as follows:
- Meta tags
- Images optimization
- URL structure
- Website speed and its size
And there are many others too. We will further deal with more terms in details in the next chapter.
2. Off-Page: In Off-page or we can say it off-site SEO it covers all the activities you must do in order to improve domain authority by getting backlinks from different websites. Ways to get them are as follows:
- Social media
- By exchanging backlinks.
- Buying backlinks.
- Guest blogging.
- Cooperate with influencers.
- Content must be valuable so that people do visit it again.
3. White Hat: What is white hat SEO? White hat SEO is a set of ethical techniques that stick to the guidelines and the rules. The basic part of white hat SEO are:
- Quality content with its relevance to the title.
- Building links
- It is a long-term strategy oriented for the customer experience. To become a good SEO you must be in a proper direction.
4. Black Hat: What is Black Hat SEO? Black Hat SEO is a set of unethical techniques which improves the ranking of the website on the search engine result page. These are designed in order to affect search engines without taking a human being into consideration. It helps in getting your website on the top of the SERP in a very short period of time. But, most probably search engines penalize and ban such websites. Some list of violating practices can be found in Google’s Webmaster Guidelines or Bing’s Webmaster Guidelines.
5. Grey Hat: Grey hat SEO they are similar to black hat SEO but are less risky as compared to it. Grey Hat techniques are not clarified by Google and in this way, you can easily increase the traffic on your website. This way you will not be penalized as well as you can rank your website.